Chemotherapy is the treatment or therapy that is used mostly to cure cancer. It refers to some powerful drugs that can kill cancer cells and prevent them from producing. There are some drugs used to complete the therapy, and it is not as easy as it sounds. Even the word chemotherapy gives patient goosebumps. Though, here are a few facts about this therapy you didn’t know which you should learn about. So, let’s raise the curtain out of them.
- Don’t Need To Spend A Night In The Hospital: Yes, most people unaware of the fact that after going through a chemotherapy session, they can go back to their home, and there is no need to book a bed in the hospital for overnight. Though, it depends on the condition of the patient and what kind of cancer they have and what drugs are using to get the cure.
- Chemo Drugs Are Available In The Form Of Pills Or Skin Cream: No, we are not lying; it’s an undeniable truth that you can take chemotherapy in the form of pills or skin creams. But again, it relies on your current condition. It works only for some patients, and you need to consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Side Effects Can Vary: Chemotherapy has a dozen of side effects, but it varies from patient to patient. This is because the drug used in the treatment reacts differently to everybody. You can talk to your doctor regarding the same.
- Moderation In Your Diet Is A Must: Chemotherapy has some substantial and harmful impacts on the patient’s body. Thus, they have to moderate their diet accordingly to prevent themselves from coming in contact with its adverse effects. It would be best if you asked your doctor to create a diet chart as per your condition, so you can only have healthy that gives your energy to deal with one of the toughest situations.
- Chemotherapy Is Used For Different Diseases: Chemotherapy is a drug that is used not only to cure cancer but also used in many other diseases, including bone marrow or stem cell transplant, and to treat an overactive immune system.
How many of the above facts are you already aware of? If you have any other questions related to the therapy, you should talk to your doctor to know how the treatment or treatment is going to react to your body.